"How You Can Capture Your Family's Happiest Moment,
And Hold On To It Forever...
"When your thinking of having a portrait created for your family or yourself here are several items to make that experience a lasting memory.
Bob Hitchcock, our professional photographer with more than 25 years of experience in the photography field and has these following tips for you when planning a portrait that will last a lifetime.
1. Time of day - Selecting the time of day is crucial for your portrait
especially if you are wanting an outdoor environmental portrait. I
prefer working with the sunset time when you have a type of lighting
that is called the “sweet light”. Here in Arizona, especially during the
summer, the last light of the day is truly specular. You are not chasing
the light of a rising sun. Having a portrait at the studio? Schedule it
2. What if we have scheduled a outdoor portrait and there is wind?
Typically outdoor portraits are taken near sunset and the wind usually dies down. Bob always carries hair spray if needed.
3. Clothing - This is probably the most important item to make or break your a professional portrait. Our suggestion? Long sleeves and darker clothing. This will bring the portrait viewers attention to the faces and not the clothing. Colors like dark brown, navy, wine, burgundy, dark blue are excellent colors. Colors not to wear are tans, white, lite colors and bright colors like red, ink, chartreuse, and florescent. Look to the right for some of those examples. I cannot control what is worn, I can only suggest.
4. Rain - If it rains and you have scheduled an outdoor portrait we can always shift to the studio or go to one of your home or if anyone is staying at one of our beautiful resorts we could go there. All is not lost. You still have several options even in inclement weather.
5. Glass glare - Taking glass off will take care of glass reflection. If you must
leave them on there are several solutions. Borrow a similar pair of frames from your optician and put them on at your portrait. If that is not possible, Bob is an expert in photoshop and can correct almost any problem that could come up. Examples - glass glare, blemishes, wrinkled shirt, etc.
6. Location - Pick The Studio
Outdoors - Greenery, Desert or anywhere!
At your home
At one of our resorts
7.Framing - Framing either helps or hurts your final portrait image. A darker outer frame tends to bring the attention inward and contains the image. The outdoor portraits that we specialize in really look great in a dark walnut or similar type frame.
8. Experience - You'll be photographed by Bob Hitchcock with over 25 years of experience in professional photography, creating "Memories For A Lifetime". Bob has a vast background in both film and digital photography.
Bob also teaches classes on the creative side of photography - join him for a seminar to photograph the Migratory Birds in New Mexico in January or a bit further for territorial scenes in Santa Fe or even a local seminar here in Tucson. Welcome to the World of Professional Photography!
9. Guarantee - If after you your sitting with our professional photographer you are not completely satisfied with the photos that were taken he will gladly take additional portraits to satisfy you! (at time of same sitting)
We guarantee you'll love your portraits!
Enjoy This Video!
The LeFevre family wanted a green location to capture their family portrait.
The El Conquistador Resort provided the perfect background. Please notice how your attention goes directly to the faces with the clothing that they chose. This portrait is on the formal or traditional side but please share with us what your are thinking of and we will do our planning for your needs.
CALL US NOW FOR OUR 50% OFF SITTING FEE SPECIAL
Limited Time Offer